Daily Journal Setup Ideas

Hello!
This post is just for you if you are starting out a journal or don’t really know what to write about in your daily entries.
I am a firm believer that journalling has no right or wrong answers but there are a couple of things I include in my spreadsheet for consistency (such as the date and time) and a few things that I have found helpful to record every day. I’ll take you though some setup ideas and give a list of things that you could include in your entry to jazz things up a little!

My Setup 


In my morning entry, which I do as soon as I wake up, I write the date and time at the top of the page.  I copy up a quote and the verse of the day from the Bible app on my phone before listing three things I’m grateful for and three words to describe how I’m feeling. In addition, I keep a tally at the back of my journal every month for my mood tracker to try and find any patterns between that and sleep or what I’ve been up to. Using my journal prompts for the month, I answer the question for that day and if I can remember any dreams, I will write them out in as much detail as I can remember and then jot down how I’m feeling and anything that’s on my mind.
In the evening I write my highlight of the day and a word to describe it. Generally speaking I write a lot more in the evening - sometimes up to a page but it varies just based on how I’m feeling and how much I’ve got in my mind!

Other Setup Ideas



Why not have a section in your journal dedicated to all your random thought and ideas? You can scribble down any creative thoughts you have, or words you like that could eventually become a poem or a short story!
Write down your to do list for tomorrow or list all the things that you have been up to during that day.

Things to include 


Some nice things to add include:

  • Plan for the day
  • Song lyrics 
  • Mood tracker
  • Quote
  • Scripture verse 
  • Newspaper cuttings 
  • Gratitude list 
  • Polaroid picture
  • Pressed flowers
  • Dreams
  • Random doodles 
  • Shower thoughts 
  • Stickers or pretty paper
Hope this has been helpful :) xx

Comments