May Newsletter

Hello there!
I hope you had a nice April, for the majority of us it feels a bit odd to be staying indoor with little work to do - but a major thank you to all the people on the front lines keeping us safe, updated and fed!

Not being able to go out has made me realise how much I take social gatherings (and generally being outdoors) for granted so I think I'm becoming a bit more mindful about opportunities I have everyday that I don't really think about.

I found this article about mental health really useful and there are a bunch of handy links at the bottom if you want to talk to someone.
https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/looking-after-your-mental-health-while-self-isolating/

Celebrations in May
  • Star Wars day - May 4th (be with you).
  • International hummus day - 13th (make sure to stock up when buying essentials!)
  • World baking day - 17th
  • World Sherlock Holmes day - 22nd May (Netflix binging anyone?)
  • Biscuit day - 29th
April Blog Updates 
in April I posted a few blog entries, why not check out if you haven't already?
  • Social Distancing Survival guide
  • April Plan-with-me
  • Spring Favourites
  • May Plan-with-me
  • May Journal Prompts
To keep you entertained!
Lots of people have been developing their baking skills during lockdown - I couldn't withstand the peer pressure made some banana bread! Apparently, it is now one of the most searched recipes on BBC Good Food. I used a recipe from a book but why not try this one with very positive reviews! It’s pretty straightforward and only has a few ingredients.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/brilliant-banana-loaf 

Creative Ink holds a monthly poetry competition which is free to enter. you just write a poem on any them or topic and email it to the address on the website - you could win an Amazon voucher! It is open internationally to all ages. https://creativewritingink.co.uk/competitions/free-to-enter-creative-writing-ink-competition/

It has been lovely to see a bit of growth in the blog, thanks for sticking with me! I am becoming much more consistent with posting and hopefully working out the type of things that people want to see! From now on I will aim to post every Tuesday in addition to the first day each month. If you have any friends who would be interested in this sort of content, please send them a link - it would be really appreciated!

Hope you are staying happy, healthy and indoors!

Rosie xx

Comments